Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Love is in the Air

 

060

I love Valentine’s Day! Why? Because I LOVE hearts, and I love that I have an excuse to make heart shaped pancakes. Not that I need one, but it’s more fun when you get to make heart shaped pancakes on a holiday.

The girls loved them. They smothered them in syrup and blueberries, and told Daddy all about it when he got home.

063

I think I may have to come up with another excuse to make fun pancakes.

 

Here are a few snapshots of some other Valentine activities we’ve been doing this month.

036

Lori made a Valentine’s tree with the addition facts for 11 on heart shaped leaves.

039

Natalie and Audrey just glued hearts on for fun. To make the tree trunk I traced the girls forearm and hand and then let them paint it brown. Then we used my new Martha Stewart heart hole punch for the “leaves.” They liked punching out the hearts the best.

048

For our Valentine’s Day Party this year we made heart shaped cookie pops (did I mention I LOVE hearts).

050

We rolled out sugar cookie dough into ropes, coiled them, then pressed an indentation into them to make the heart shape. Then we had to decorate with sprinkles, of course. Oh, and to make them “pops” we inserted lollipop sticks into the dough before baking them.

051

Yum! I think we may have to make shamrock shaped ones for St. Patrick’s Day!

1 comment: