Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Holiday Fun





John and I had 2 firsts this year: hosting Thanksgiving and roasting a big honkin turkey. I was a little nervous about roasting a turkey as I had heard many a horror story about burnt and tasteless turkeys. John took charge of the roasting as he is less likely to burn food than I am (burning meat seems to be my lot in life). I found a good roast turkey recipe in the recent version of Cooking Light magazine, and we gave it a shot. Getting the turkey prepped was one messy job, but boy was the finished product tastey! Everyone ooed and ahhed over its mositness and flavor.
Hosting was fun too. The kids helped me make name cards for the table so everyone knew where to sit. We had lots of good conversation and lots to be thankful for. All in all, our first time hosting and roasting was a great success!

No comments:

Post a Comment