Saturday, December 4, 2010

A Puzzling Advent

I've been racking my brain for a couple fo years now, trying to come up with something special to do for Advent. The whole advent wreath and candle lighting doesn't really do for me so I chose the Jesse tree instead. I went to the Reformed Church of America webiste (https://www.rca.org/sslpage.aspx?pid=1625) and printed off the ornaments and the readings that go along with them each day. I won't lie. Cutting out all the ornaments was a PAIN. But I won't have to do it again,and the girls LOVE putting the ornaments on.


The second thing I decided to do was to put puzzle pieces in our Advent calendar for them to pull out each day as they count down to Christmas.

On Christmas day they will get their first clue which will send them on a treasure hunt to find the rest of the puzzle.

Lori is very excited about this. Audrey and Natalie could care less.
Anyways, that's our Advent fun for the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment