Monday, November 16, 2009

A favorite Recipe

My hope is that someday this blog will be exciting and interesting like all the artsy craftsy blogs I read. But until then I thought I'd share one of my favorite recipes ( also a favorite of friends who've tried it). This is the best darn granola bar recipe I've tried. Well actually I kinda made this one up myself, with the help of a cook book for ingredient ratios. My kids beg for them every day (especially if they know there are chocolate chips in them!) for a snack. So here it is!

2 cups Oatmeal (not quick cooking)
1/2 flour (I prefer wheat)
1/2 cup dry milk powder
1/2 ground flax seed
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1/2 cup dried fruit or choc. chips (you could also omit this and put in peanut butter)
3/4 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. Cinnamon
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup honey
1 egg beaten
1 tsp. vanilla
Combine dry ingredients in one bowl. The wet in another. Combine and spread evenly in 9 X13 pan. I prefer a metal pan they tend to come out crumbly in glass pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 16-18 minutes. Allow to cool and then cut into bars. I store mine in the fridge but you don't have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment